Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Thanksgiving Cookies

I know, Christmas is normally the time you make batches and batches of cookies. But this year we were heading to family for Thanksgiving who all have their recipes and traditions set. Not that they were opposed to me bringing something, they are such gracious people. No, but cookies travel better. Gotta love those ziplock bags. I'll be honest though, I don't have any tried and true Thanksgiving cookies that I always make. Surprised? Me either. So I went hunting through Pinterest and found these recipes which I am really loving.


It's COOKIE time!

Brookies by Creations by Kara.

Yes, I know other who have made these before, but it was my first time doing so. They were a wee bit time consuming, but they made a bunch of cookies. Seriously, I got 86 cookies out of this recipe, and it would have been 87 had I not dropped a brownie part on the ground.



No, I didn't glaze these, but I might yet. I think they are pretty tasty without the extra sugar icing, but then who can really pass up the sugar icing? Maybe I'll add it right before I deliver them. But I had to have something pumpkin-y. Come on, it's Thanksgiving! I made 34 cookies with this recipe. PS. Icing will go on these cookies before they travel. Apparently others *ahemCap* think they are bland without it.


Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies by Crunchy Creamy Sweet

I had another peanut butter cookie recipe, but this one was only 3 ingredients. How much easier could it be, really? At first I thought I wouldn't get that many cookies out of the recipe but I actually got 27 and they are decent sized cookies as well. And friends, they were so peanuty and yummy and easily better than the recipe I have which is much much longer.

Banana Bread No Bake Cookies by Shaken Together

I have never made no bake cookies before, truth be told, but I thought this would be a good addition to the mix of flavors I had going. They were fairly easy, and while it took a bit for them to fully set, I was making so many other cookies it really wasn't a problem or issue. I got 52 cookies from this recipe, though they do vary in size with some smaller ones. I had an issue shaping the mixture at times.


I'm grateful there will be many people at this dinner, because the cookies will need to be eaten. On the totally up side, I can make some of these again for Christmas if I so desire. It took from 10:30-3:30 with a break for lunch and coffee, but really for that many cookies it wasn't a whole lot of work.

Join me over at Pinterest where you can find all of these recipes pinned plus a bunch of others I have and haven't tried. 

2 comments:

  1. Stacey, these look delicious! I may have to try some of them.

    Blessings to you, dear one! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like them! Everyone here said they enjoyed them. :D

      Delete