Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Scripture meditation and sharing because.... October

I love the month of October for many reasons, PSL anyone? But one of the reasons is because it is when bloggers everywhere write for 30 days. I've done it a few times in the past, but it snuck up on me this year. I didn't see a lot of talking about other people's 30 day challenge, but let's be honest, there was no way I was in a place to write for 30 days either. But I did set some goals for myself, and I'm beginning to think one of them can transfer over here for most of the month.




You see, my goal is to meditate on scripture more. It's so much more pleasant than allowing my brain to run through the mud, but mainly because I want to be in the Word more. I want to be active in my digging in. 

I have done this a bit over at my Instagram account. You see, I altered my Facebook banner a bit, and wanted to set down on paper (it did end up in my notebook as well) what the change meant to me. In Christ. Through Christ. For Christ. I did it without explanation, and simply because it was what I needed to do. 

And here I am explaining it now. Well, only partly, so there. 


Now I'm thinking I want to continue it but here at my blog instead of at my Instagram account. Sometimes my hard decision comes in what part of scripture to focus on. I'm not crazy about opening it to wherever, and I have a tendency to insist that the verse be looked at in context. My goal is to hear from God, let Him touch my heart, mind, soul, and body with His words and revelations. My goal is to know Him better. 

Maybe I should go back to Jeremiah and pick up where I left off there. 
Maybe I could find a verse of the day but go deeper.

I'm not sure. And I may not share every day. But that's going to be my plan. We shall see how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment