Saturday, October 8, 2016

Keep me from judging, Lord.


I think if we lived by Romans 14, so many things would change. The above verse comes at the end, but there is so much goodness in here. But that doesn't make it easy. No, it's good but it's hard.

Imagine only answering to God.
Imagine only listening to God.
Now... imagine not letting others sway you from that.
Also... imagine letting others do the same.

I'm not saying we shouldn't meet together, share together, help each other, hold each other accountable. No, we should. But by WE I simply mean that select group you have who you trust. Because even then, sometimes, their heart does not know what God's heart has for us.

And that's so true of me. I have said I sometimes think I know the best for others. I slip into that at times. Here, listen to me. Here, let me share my advice. But seriously, who do I think I am?

Why do I think I can judge someone else when I do not know their path, their circle, their influence, their reason? 

I watched The Magnificent Seven, the new one, yesterday. It touched my heart in a lot of ways, and I really enjoyed the movie. There was one point one of the characters said, "Keep me from judging, Lord." I loved that character. But that statement... yes, I need to pray that more often.

Because I don't know the way God is going to work in your life, but I do know that if you love Him He is certainly working through and for you. 

So, again, I find my grip being released on what I think, how I think things should be, and how I think we should be. And instead holding onto God, and asking Him to guide us all.



No comments:

Post a Comment