Monday, September 26, 2016

Who do you want to be?

I saw that question this morning and I stopped and thought. "Who do you want to be?" I didn't skim over it as I do so often. And in that heartbeat of a second after I read the words I knew both who I wanted and didn't want to be.




I don't want to continue being who I was last weekend.

And yet I struggle with insecurity, the feeling of belonging and being good enough, where I find my identity, and people pleasing to be accepted.

I want to be a Godly woman steadfast, firm, loving and kind, identity found in Christ, keeping my focus on Him.

And yet I slip.

I don't want to constantly be moaning and whining about how I can't do it.
I want to be victorious over those things.

Who do I want to be?
Who do you want to be?

We can either set ourselves up for failure or winning. We can either try to do it on our own and lose sight of Christ, or keep our eyes on Him and move with Him.

Who do I want to be?
Who do you want to be?

We want to be the best us we can be. We do,
And we all fail. We do.

But after a week has gone by, and you realize you have slipped with all your routines, lost track of your gratitude, forgotten to take notice of the days and the good, the goal doesn't need to be an overhaul. It can simply be refocus, reestablish, and realign.

I want to be someone who after they mess up turns back to God and seeks hard after Him.
Who do you want to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment