Friday, August 19, 2016

The notebook to help train my mind.

I tried the bullet journal system a bit ago, and while I found something I thought worked for me, it wasn't really the bullet journal style. I purchased a daytimer style calender and kept things there. Then as I began defining my life and being intentional with things I decided to come up with a "Life Journal." I had decided it was a unique thing, but it would help me keep ideas I had worked out. Then I decided to keep some monthly items there, but gratitude, goals, and habits, not daily schedules.


I found a lovely notebook at Barnes and Noble. It spoke to my heart with a tree and a straight line horizon. And then I began. What do I have in there so far?

  • guiding principles and verse
  • quotes
  • five "i will remember" statements
  • what to always consider when making any decision
  • work outs and schedules
  • lists of books 
  • list of daily questions
  • and then I began August (goals, gratefulness, habit trackers, meals made, and memories)
Oh, and white out. Already a bit a white our has gone into my book. But it helps me use white out. I like that better than scratching through mistakes or changes.

I don't expect things to always be the same, but I'm hoping I'll be able to help stay centered and focused. I hope I'll be able to look back and see more the path of how I get wherever I'm going. Not that the book holds everything, and there will be times I don't even notice things that will cause a big change once the ripples start, but so far I'm pretty much in love with it.

I work things through in one of my many school notebooks, and then when it's digested, simmered, and boiled down I can add it to the book. Not everything goes here, because that wont work for me. As I said, I have my daily calendar system, a prayer book, and notebooks for studies and note taking. But some of all of it may make it to the book eventually. And just looking at the cover helps me breathe deeply. 

I guess the bullet journaling set itself into my brain after all.

2 comments:

  1. scattered brained in a good way! You have taken the best approach to it all by getting everything you want based on what you have listed here in a notebook. It's good to have a notebook that is all yours. You always need that physical daily reminder you can go to. It's your Bible.

    I have done this in the past, and as I start my new job with a normal schedule, I can get back to doing this.

    I write down quotes I read in books. I see certain words and make words out of that word. I will write down names of people I know or don't know and make words out of them, and sometimes those words describe them in a positive light. For example:

    Stacey Lozano:

    Castle - a house that is filled with art, beauty, many rooms with a different meaning. This is you. This is your notebook. You have a plethora of information that you have for yourself, to share with others and the world around you.

    Cool - very relaxed, chill, a calming demeanor for those in boot camp classes. You give off that vibe, especially on your Eucalyptus days. And you can't spell Eucalyptus without Stacey!

    Solace - from dictionary.com: to comfort, console, or cheer (a person, oneself, the heart, etc.). You provide that for others who are in need. You are the crux of the class.

    I write poetry. Not as much as I used to, but I still dabble with it from time to time. Anything I experience, I write about.

    Notebooks are a much needed companion to have. I have a lot of them. I enjoy paper and writing. It's all there for the taking. You have done that and are continuing to do that.

    You having a tree is perfect. You are that tree. You went from a root to a life where you have branched off to being a great mother, wife, a powerful individual leader in everyday life, a world traveler with limitless interests, and an every day coach/teacher/motivator.

    And that tree will only get bigger in time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind with your words and description. I do hope you start writing again too. I think it's one of those things we set aside too easily, when it really helps some of us process so well. The joy in class will be diminished with your absence, but I'm so glad your life is taking the path you want. :)

      Delete