Thursday, July 14, 2016

Please, for goodness' sake, let's do things differently.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The internet is EXHAUSTING.

Yell again. See if it helps.
Spread a little more hate and bitterness. See what you get in return.
Continue to be sarcastic and belittling. I think your point will be missed.
Be yourself! You're beautiful! Don't worry about what others think! But we will make fun of you if you do anything we think you shouldn't.
Have your own opinion. Don't let anyone control you. Be free. But please, for goodness' sake, agree with us so that we don't have to say horrible things about you.
Find the joy in life! Don't be so expressive!
Be true to yourself! Agree with us!
Love wins! Until hate expresses my feelings better!

And no one wins.

No one.



This world we live in is a chaotic crazy mess and it's our fault. None of us are perfect, and we are all hypocrites, and personally I am tired of it. Pick a topic, and all the above is true for it. Every side is horrible and evil and mean, at times. And the thing I don't understand is so often we Christians are right in there in the middle of it all. I know, I know! We are humans, too. I get it. We aren't perfect, but friends, can we try to be a little more kind?

To people you know. To people you don't. To strangers on the street. To strangers on Facebook. To politicians, movie stars, authors, presidents, candidates. Can we not disagree in a manner that isn't so vile?

I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in saying, it would really be appreciated if we could find that area to stand.

Life isn't easy. Why are we so determined to make it harder?

Let's reply with soft answers. Let's really listen to the heart of what is being said. Let's speak calmly. Let's stop making fun of others and creating bully pulpits.

I believe the majority of us are trying to do the best we can, and really do want better. Maybe if we all simply start making those small changes in our own circles and areas then it will continue to spread and a change will really happen. But we have to make those changes every day. Not just when it's convenient. Not just when someone agrees with us. Can we do that?

Let's allow God's grace to change the other person, and simply work with God on ourselves. If we started there I think things could really be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment