Thursday, July 7, 2016

I'm too old for this.


Sometimes as I read through my material, or attend a class, I think to myself, "I am TOO old to be just starting this." And in so many respects my head agrees with this statement all the time. ALL. THE. TIME. I mean, let's get serious. Most people my age have been in the fitness, martial arts, or self defense world for decades. And here I am with not even a full 5 behind me trying to be certified, teaching, and what not. I can't help myself. I shake my head and wonder, "What in the world am I doing?"

And I can't say I would have started this sooner had I been able. The only reason I am where I am now is because of the journey before it. If I had opportunities to enter these circles beforehand I was unaware of them and didn't take them. But now that I have, do I simply discard the path because I think I'm too old? 

I don't think so, but this is a current struggle. Who am I to think I can do this?

And maybe that's the truth of it, but as I have been reminded by Revelation Wellness, it's not the Truth of it.

The Truth is if God has called me to these things, then my age does not matter, because He is the one leading me. My ability doesn't matter, because He will make me able. My knowledge doesn't matter, because He will give me wisdom.

Sometimes the big T Truth doesn't seem quite as loud as the little T truth. I will admit it. But maybe that's simply because my focus is off. Instead of looking at my age, or the number of years I have been doing something, my focus needs to stay on God and allow Him to show me where to go and what to do. 


Yeah, I'm old in comparison to many people in these fields.
And yeah, a lot of younger people have many more years experience.

But if I give up now, then I will simply be older and with no more experience down the road.

When God puts a fire in our heart, does it matter where we have been or how long we have been on this earth, or does it matter WHO does the calling?

Esther was too young and sheltered.
Moses was old and messed up his opportunity.
Nehemiah was only a cupbearer.
Peter was just a fisherman,
Ruth was a foreigner.
Debra was a woman.
As was Jael.
Timothy was too young.
Paul was in prison.

No comments:

Post a Comment