Saturday, July 30, 2016

Day 7



For the past six days I have participated in a "love your spouse" challenge. Midway through I realized I was supposed to be tagging people. I'm not great at tagging people. And plus, it's just if you're married, and I didn't think that was fair. Or I wanted it to be more than that. I wanted it to be about celebrating your life.

I didn't tag anyone all week long, and I know it sounds like a cop out, but I'm changing the challenge and tagging everyone.... for me it's now the "love your life" challenge!



I know. If you have read any of my more recent posts you might think it seems odd that I want to do this challenge as well. I have been fairly morose, and unfortunately depressed in the last few posts around here. I'll be honest, it has been that way in life around here off and on as well.

I have to apologize because that was never what I wanted my blog to be about. And it certainly isn't what I want my life to be about. I want to be in love with my life, every minute of it. I want it to be a worship experience because not one bit of it would happen without God. I want it to be a celebration of friends and family.

I think there is a line between transparency and pity party. And I miss writing, I really do. And somehow, if I continue writing here which I want to do, I need to find my way forward into a new mind set. One that I have at times, but one I need to hold onto more firmly. I want to be more encouraging, hopeful, and honest in my posts.

So, out of "love my spouse" challenge, which I adored and am so glad I was invited to participate in, has come "love my life" challenge. One I'm going to take firmly by the horns, and one I hope you will partake in with me. And maybe together we can all focus on the positives of our life, which we do all have, and keep seeing them, in the middle of whatever circumstances we find ourselves in. And maybe celebrating the circumstances themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment