Wednesday, June 8, 2016

To the one in the blue car



I don't know why I was allowed to see that moment. I know you hoped no one would, and I'm sure he thought no one did. I don't know what grabbed my attention in time for he was not going slow, but the swing of his arm was obvious. I didn't count, but in that amount of time I don't know how he got that many blows off. My heart broke when I saw you. The part of you I could see. Your hands wrapped over your head ducked down low. How I saw you I have no idea. 

You know the road we were on, I couldn't turn around anywhere. I couldn't read that stupid plate in my rear view mirror either. I wonder what would have happened had I blown my horn. Would it have made things worse? Would it have stopped him if he realized someone did in fact see what he thought he hid? Or would he have blamed you for that as well? I guess it doesn't matter since my brain didn't even think of it until I was at the church.

If I could say anything to you, if you were sharing coffee with me right now, this is what I would share:

My sweet beloved friend,
I don't know your back story or what brought you to this place. I know we all get screwed up in this life and baggage, words, events make us different than who we should be. But you are worth so much more than that. What you should have is love. What you should have is kindness. What you should have is generosity. Sweet one, as I prayed for you I realized that nothing is impossible with our God, and He will make a way where there is seemingly no way, and I am praying these things for you. I don't know how hopeless or helpless you feel, but I know our God and I am trusting Him to put you in the right place, give you the right people, and bring you through this hard hard time. Know that you are loved. Know that you are remembered. Know that you are seen. And I'm so awed to say there is an army of pray-ers who are with me lifting you up to God. 
                                                                         love and prayers always,
                                                                      From someone who happened to pass by

***

I don't think I will ever forget the one in the blue car. I hope I don't. I hope I see that soul in everyone I interact with. Someone who needs to be shown love. Someone who has a life I can't imagine. Someone who needs us so badly. I don't know why I was given that glimpse through the window. I don't know what to do with the knowledge at this time. I am limited and weak, and so I am simply praying to the One who is unlimited and strong. Pray with me for the one in the passenger seat, please? 

I hate what people do with their free will sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment