Thursday, May 26, 2016

Goals: Mind

I missed yesterday on purpose. I was actually working hard to live out the heart goals, so I was okay with not writing. But now it's today and I look at the remaining categories and I know that today I need to talk about mind.

How do you love the Lord with our mind? I think by being thoughtful, learning, considering, thinking, all of those things which we do when we are younger but then suddenly stop when we are older. Okay, maybe we don't all do it, and maybe we don't do it fully. There is the saying that we learn something new everyday. But how often are we intentional about learning and about what we learn?

To be perfectly honest, I know fully where what I am supposed to be learning right now. I have two books full of information for the class I signed up for in order to earn my Group Fitness Instructor certificate. I actually signed up 3 months ago, which is crazy to me, and I have until August to sign up for the test.


But that's not what I want to do. I want to take the test in July, though I still haven't signed up for the test yet. I have one more week of new information so that will give me a month of study time to prep.

I'll be honest, there is a LOT of information that I need to learn. All about muscles, exercises, bones, injuries, pregnant women, older people, limitations, expectations, and the best way to have a class. It overwhelms me. With all of this being outside my comfort zone it overwhelms me even more than normal.

But what would it prosper me to quit? Why would I want to? I have no idea what the next step will be, and that's a little daunting as well, but if I don't test then I can't worry about the next step anyway.

SO, my goal is to finish reading, start studying, and test for the ACE GFI certificate by the end of July. Prayerfully I will pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment