Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Why I don't quit and give up.

I don't do the things I wish I would do, and I do what I wish I didn't. I'm someone who makes mistakes, chooses badly, and falls often. I do. But that doesn't mean I've given up, or don't know what the truth actually is. I know that I should make my decisions based on the solid foundation God has given me, and my choices and actions should reflect the Truth that I believe.

Sometimes, none of that happens.

But each morning I wake up, and I strive to live out of what I know. Each new day I pray that God be the strength I need when I am weak so I can be His child of whom He is well pleased.

It really comes down to living out of the beliefs you hold dear.

I believe exercise is important and good for our bodies. I exercise regularly. I believe rest is important for our bodies and our souls. I take time out when needed and plan regular moments of it. I believe food should be energy. I eat to fill and fuel. I believe food can be a treat. Sometimes it totally is. I believe we are all unique and individual. I don't think there is a one size fits all solution for anything. I believe learning is important. I strive to open new doors regularly. I believe God is good. I need to trust Him when things don't make sense.

There are also times I forget to rest, eat emotionally, choose to waste time rather than use it wisely, think I have all the answers, and question God in a hard moment. I'm striving to be better, to do better, to live better, but I fail regularly. I also grow in the grace God has given me to be better.

I'm grateful for those who call me on the times I fall. I'm grateful for those who help me find my way. I'm grateful for those who listen to my heart's cry. I'm thankful for those who walk with me, and help me out of the mud when I fall in.

What beliefs are your actions living out? Is it that we have stumbled, or we need to be stronger in our beliefs? Is it both?

I'm not where I want to be. I need to continue growing and learning. And I know perfection can not be reached, so I will not beat myself up for when I fall, or anyone else. But I will not give up striving. I will not give up trying. Because I believe it matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment