Monday, April 11, 2016

Vacation. Real life. Changes. Choices.

I was recently able to go on a vacation from real life to go visit my son and his wife. The trip was great and I was able to see another culture and how they lived. I took mental notes and was determined to take away from that land something I could bring into my own days, even if the cultures were different. I had plans. I had goals. I had jetlag. And then Sunday hit.

I wish I could say it had gone as I wanted, but nothing came to fruition. It was actually one of the laziest un-healthiest days I have had in a long time. I did step out of my comfort zone a few times, and that's something, but the day was nothing like I thought it would be. Or maybe I should say as I hoped it would be.

And that's what happens. I strive to be steadfast, and I fall on my face. I try hard to make decisions based off of things I know to be true, and sometimes I give in to something else when I make decisions.


Fear. Uncertainty. Pride. Slothfulness. So many things which I give into. I sat there knowing the decision I should make, but not making it. There is no excuse, except I chose badly.

But then comes the morning.

Today I get to start anew. Today I woke up with new mercies, a new chance, and a breath of fresh air. Today things start over and I can have hopes that I may get through it in a way where I incorporate new things, use my time wisely, and choose best. I am fully aware that I may go to sleep with knowledge that I have should have chosen better, but I got to wake up to a day full of hope and grace.

We all get that opportunity. So, my question for you is this: what will you do with the beautiful day which lays in front of you?

Me? I'm going to try to be productive in the morning, get some studying done on my certificate, choose wisely with my food, run, attend bootcamp, and settle in on my Bible study. That's what I'm hoping, and I should go make my list right now to have something to refer back to. But this morning brings me a new chance to do the things God puts in front of me, have the life I choose, and be the person I want to be.

Who's with me?

2 comments:

  1. Well, I have my list made and I am ready to start my day. I have a post (dental) surgery appointment today at 11, and I hate mid-morning appointments because it really breaks up my school day, but I am encouraged to make the best of it. I like the idea of having a new chance to do the things God puts in front of me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it weren't for new chances I would be stuck in the mud! LOL Seriously. And I do understand those midday breaks. I hope it isn't too disruptive and y'all find the best way to work with it. <3

      Delete